Friday, March 02, 2012

Checkbox Toggler again with ASP.NET and Jquery

Been too long since I did any JS or jquery, and suddenly I had no clue on how to check or uncheck a checkbox.

What I wanted was when I click on Text beside a checkbox it will toggle the checkbox, took me a couple of minutes to do it.

This site helped: http://www.electrictoolbox.com/check-uncheck-checkbox-jquery/

 

So the end product is simply:-

 

<span>

       <asp:CheckBox ID="cb_toggler" runat="server" />

       <a href="#" onclick="ToggleCheckTheCheckBox ()">Click to check the checkbox</a>

</span>

 

 

 

        function ToggleCheckTheCheckBox () {

 

            if ($("#<%=cb_toggler.ClientID%>").is(':checked')) {

                $("#<%=cb_toggler.ClientID%>").attr('checked', false);

            }

            else {

                              

                $("#<%=cb_toggler.ClientID%>").attr('checked', true);

            }

        }

 

No comments: